Monday 21 December 2015

My inactivity on the blog

To those that care I thought I should explain why I've been unavailable on the blog the last few weeks. The reason I've been unavailable is because an old sports injury relapsed and I tore the outer fibrous ring between two vertebrae in my back, compressing my spinal nerves which in turn make me feel lots of pain every time I move the core of my body in the slightest. It's especially bad when I'm sitting down because the spinal disc herniation impacts another nerve injury I got when my knee was dislocated a few years ago. So every time I bend my left leg it makes me cold-sweat from the pain, which has lead to me not being able to sit at the computer for more than a few minutes.
The worst part is that there isn't really a way to alleviate the pain except by taking strong opiates or surgery; both of those aren't really an option, at least not from my point of view. Opiates are dangerously addictive, and surgery close to the spinal cord isn't really something I wish to gamble the function of my legs on.
If only I hadn't accidentally drowned my laptop all of this wouldn't have happened. I must say that this is a fairly amusing chain of events. Spilling a glass of water on my laptop led to building a make-shift internet-computer that barely works, and because it barely worked I searched for another laptop I had in storage, which in turn led to me lifting a really heavy box, straining my back and having an old injury relapse. I only wish I could laugh at it, but laughing hurts too much...
Anyway, I'll probably not be available until January at the earliest. Last time I hurt my back like this it took a bit more than three months for it to heal completely, but now I'm already much better than I was the days just after I hurt my back, so that's good at least.
And I'll also try and find/buy a new laptop while I visit my parents during Christmas so that I can use it in bed. The laptop I found when I hurt my back didn't have a working wifi- or network-card, so it was a truly useless injury. And I haven't been able to buy a new laptop because I live in a village with less than 1000 residents; it doesn't have an electronics' store.
Hopefully none of you take any offense from my unavailability. If I could spend time at the computer, I would, but agony is a great deterrent. If only I was of the M-persuasion then this wouldn't be so bad...
The only good thing that has come from this injury is that I've had a lot more time to spend on thinking, which has led to several good ideas for the future story, characters, and places. I also have some things I need to change in what I've written in book-form of Volume 2, but it's for the betterment of the story, so it's worth it.


As a side-note I thank all of you who have voted about possibly donating or helping out by spreading the word about this story. I didn't think it would show such good results. It's only too bad I can't really implement a donation-thing right now. It'll have to wait until I've recuperated.

4 comments:

  1. Blogspot apparently has an auto publish feature you might want to look at. http://smallbusiness.chron.com/auto-post-blogspot-52069.html (I know, a bit self serving for my side :) ).

    Also, a cheap USB wifi dongle (http://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7811Un-150Mbps-Raspberry-Supports/dp/B003MTTJOY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1450685668&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+wifi+dongle) might also fix your internet connection issues.

    Hope you recover quickly. Still enjoying the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will totally donate if it means more of this awesome story. Just a question, What are some good resources that helped you understand how to structure a story and brainstorm ideas? Get well soon man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First volume finished! Woot Woot! Only up from here man! I don't the extent of what's possible on blogspot but you may want to consider starting an actual website, it would probably be easier to structure everything that way as well as embed donation links, add artwork, or even link to your published versions if you decide to go that route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some light novel translation sites have paved a nice picture of how to set up a site on wordpress that has alot of functionality. For example, Scrya translations to name one. Its got artwork and everything :)

      Delete