Sunday 11 October 2015

News 151010 – To Choose a Font
Hello everyone, this is a trial of an idea I got when reading some comments. And that idea was to have a page where I can have a more in-depth conversation with you readers or give you information about things relating to this blog.


I have gotten the suggestion that there could be a better font to use for my writings. And so, I ask you, what font would you prefer?
Give a comment with a suggestion, and explanation why the font would be a suitable choice to use on this book-blog.
After a few suggestions have been collected I'll put those I could accept using in a poll and let you readers vote.
Right now the only suggestion has been to use Arial. And after having read about fonts on a couple of web-pages I decided to change the font on all pages to that for the time being, at least.
I thank you in advance for your suggestions :)




5 comments:

  1. i would love it for the chapter lengths to be increased and maybe also to make a few chapters about side characters! it might make for some interesting story development!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input :)
      Chapter length is decided because of where a scene ends, or if there is a story-related reason; so, that will most likely not change much.
      Another reason why the chapters are not very long is that I'd rather post more chapters more often than have massive chapters that are posted with longer periods of time between.
      Side character stories will come, it's just that right now the story is in its first chapters and will mostly focus on the main character.

      Delete
  2. Do you need/ want some help with the editing? That would save some of your time so you could focus more of your free time on writing the second book. As well it would speed up your already fast publishing pace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your offer, and, unfortunately, must refuse it, the reason being: I have a procedure where—when I have time—I write a new scene or two and then I spend my remaining free time editing the chapter for release on the blog. I do this because it gives me a buffer on the story's publication, making it possible for me to plan out and then post at least one chapter every week during the foreseeable future.
      I also edit what I've written quite a bit in some chapters, even including things or remaking the scenes slightly to include foreshadowings or obscure things I find being too obviously a foreshadowing event.
      But thanks for offering :)

      Delete
  3. Well, i like Arial. This is so perfectly easy to read now! And i can read arial while scrolling, so this is like a double positive for me. If you want to stand out a bit you can use Verdana, which doesn't look as "generic" as Arial does and it is also very good for online reading. :)

    ReplyDelete